To make reservations for
the activity center or Farley Room, contact the Oblong Public Works office
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR RENTAL OF ACTIVITY CENTER & FARLEY ROOM OF THE OBLONG MUNICIPAL BUILDING
Rates for the Activity Center: $40.00 per event non-commercial - $60.00 per event for commercial use & Wedding Reception
Rates for the Farley Room: $10.00 per event non-commercial - $25.00 per event for commercial use
For the Activity Center there is a deposit of $40.00 for non-commercial and $100.00 for commercial/Wedding Reception required when you reserve the room.
Deposit will be paid by everyone with no exceptions. Deposit must be paid within five (5) working days from when you make the reservation.
During business hours there is no charge for a room unless a person or group wants the room exclusively for their own use.
There will be no rental charge for any non-profit organization, funeral dinners, benefit dinners, blood drives and etc.
Donations are always welcome.
RULES FOR RENTAL OF ROOMS:
1. Keys will be picked up on the date rented and returned by the next day, or picked up on Friday for Saturday or Sunday and returned the following business day.
2. Rental payment is required when key is picked up unless otherwise arranged.
3. No minors will rent the building.
4. No food or drink in the Farley room, and tables must be covered for Arts & crafts.
5. NO ALCOHOLIC Beverages allowed on village property.
6. NO PETS ALLOWED.
7. NO OPEN FLAMES, including cookers/fryers, or grills are allowed inside the building. This also includes candles on tables. 8. Please pick up furniture when moving.
9. No defacing area outside the building. No graffiti on windows inside or outside.
10. The person or persons renting the building will be responsible for building and contents from the time the building is unlocked until it is locked again.
11. Check restrooms and empty all trash before leaving.
12. You may bring dish towels, or use ours and wash & return them as soon as possible.
13. The building must be left as found. If beverages are spilled, mop it up. All food, paper and garbage must be bagged and put in dumpster before leaving. Any cooking oil or grease must be taken off premises for proper disposal. Absolutely no oil or grease is to be put into the dumpster.
14. The Village of Oblong is not responsible or liable for any accidents in the building or on village property. Hold harmless the Village of Oblong for any Accidents, or injuries occurring on the village property.
15. You may set up the day or night before at no extra charge, if kitchen is used during setup you will be charged for another day.
16. If you cancel your reservation up to two weeks prior of the rental date, the deposit will be refunded. No refunds will be made after that date.
17. You can book the facility for the next year starting the first business day in December.
18. Any non profit organization wanting to use the building on a regular basis must come before the board for approval.
If the room can be rented on their scheduled date, they will have to meet on a different night.
19. Any violation of the above rules automatically revokes your privileges of re-renting the building per the discretion of the village board in the future.
Village of Oblong Internet Service
Courtesy of Fairpoint Communications