Village of Oblong
Minutes for June 6, 2012 Meeting
June 6th, 2012
The Village of Oblong Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, June 6th, 2012, in the Farley Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Present: Mayor Randy Rich, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Joe Campanella,
Trustee Rick Houdasheldt, Trustee Ken Russell, Trustee Tony Madlem, Trustee
Debi Wilson and Treasurer Jan Miller.
Absent: Trustee Rick Catt.
Others Present: Police Chief Chad Pusey, Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Bill Burke, Tom Compton (Daily News) and JJ Aten (Oblong Gem).
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Mayor Rich.
2. The Regular Board Meeting minutes of May 2nd, 2012 were approved with a motion by Joe and a second by Debi. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
3. There were no additions or deletions to the agenda this month.
4. There were no water bill customers at the meeting this month.
5. Randy stated that the Oblong Revolving Loan Committee had recommended to
have the Board approve a loan to Bill Burke for $15,000.00. Motion by Debi,
with a second by Rick H., to loan $15,000.00 from the Oblong Revolving
Loan Fund to Bill Burke. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
Bill came before the Board to thank them for the loan and to invite them to the Grand Opening of Furniture and More on June 16th, 2012, at 9:30 am.
6. Motion by Ken, with a second by Tony, to adopt Ordinance #2012-O-543
“Prevailing Wage Ordinance”. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
7. There was some discussion on the proposed ordinance #2012-O-544 “An Ordinance Amending Chapter 21 of the Revised Code of Ordinances of the Village of Oblong, Illinois”, which is dealing with video gaming. Randy stated that there is a web site that the trustees can go to see what all is involved with the video gaming and the state regulations. The web site is HYPERLINK "http://www.igb.illinois.gov" www.igb.illinois.gov. Motion by Tony, with a second by Ken, to table the decision until next month. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
8. Randy stated that the Non-Highway/Neighborhood Vehicle sticker annual renewal is ongoing and that there will be a leniency period to get the stickers for this year. There was some discussion about having permits for Special Events in Oblong for people coming from out of town to use the Non-Highway/ Neighbor-hood Vehicles. Motion by Rick H., with a second by Debi, to allow for Special Event permits for the Non-Highway/Neighborhood Vehicles. The sticker would only be good for up to 1 week and the vehicles would have to be complaint to the Village’s codes and inspection by Chad. The cost would be $10. Five ayes, motion carried.
9. Mayor’s Comments: a. Randy stated that the Village had received a letter from MediaCom on May 21st, stating that there would be some changes to the channel lineup.
b. Randy stated that the Village had received a letter from Ameren Illinois on June 6th, that gave some advise on two important safety precautions.
c. Randy stated that the Masonic Lodge would like to request that one of the entrances into the park be made a one-way street on June 9th, for the Annual Barbeque at the Park with the proceeds going to the Children’s Home and also allow for inflatables on the Midway. The Board granted the requests.
10. Reports of Committees:
Police: Joe read the monthly report for May, 2012. Joe stated that Chad will have two training session this month one is Small Unit Tactics and the other is juvenile training.
Building and Park: Debi stated that she had nothing to report this month.
Sidewalks and Lights: Rick H. stated that six trouble spots in the sidewalks
have been repaired.
Street and Alley: Tony stated that there will be a MFT Letting on June 18th, at 10 am. Tony stated that Connor & Connor have nothing finalized on the North Range project, hopefully for next month.
Water and Sewer: Ken stated that he had nothing to report for this month for Water and Sewer. Ken did have a question about the payroll expense account on the May monthly report. Jan stated that she would look into it and e-mail Ken with an answer.
Finance: Jan and Ladora will be attending the SECICTA Meeting in Charleston on June 14th. Jan stated that the Auditors were here from May 21st thru May 23rd. She stated that Kemper will be here for the July meeting to give the audit report.
G. Development: Tony stated that there was nothing to report this month.
11. Motion by Tony, with a second by Rick H., to pay the bills that were on the warranty list and any utility bills, bills that will incur a late charge or reimburse-ments to employees. Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
12. There were no other items of business this month.
13. Motion by Tony, with a second by Joe, to adjourn the meeting at 8:37 pm.
Five (5) ayes, motion carried.
Ladora C. Boyd