Village of Oblong
Special Board Meeting Minutes
February 22nd, 2023
The Village Board of Trustees met in special session on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023, in the Activity Center Room of the Municipal Building.
Members Mayor Teresa Fielder, Clerk Ladora Boyd, Trustee Lucas Inboden, Trustee Carrie
Present: Hays, Trustee Dave Hasty, Trustee Jay Haines, Trustee Cary Bonnell, Trustee Keith Waldrop and Treasurer Jan Miller
Others Allen Price, Mary Beth Price, Jerry Snider, Jared Kanallakan (Moran Economic
Present: Development), Public Works Superintendent Gary Lanter, Resa Shaner (Crawford County Development Association), John Stone (Connor & Connor, Inc.), Tom Moore, Michelle Meese (Oblong School Superintendent), Bill Burke (Crawford County Board Member), Susie Tracy (Oblong Township Supervisor), Kelly Tracy, Jamey Tracy and Terry “Toad” Ochs.
1. At 5 pm, the Mayor called the Special Meeting to order.
2. Teresa stated that the first item on the agenda was a resolution required by the Illinois Department of Transportation due to overage on the Motor Fuel Tax Fund expenditures for 2022. It was stated that the overage was $336.92 in street maintenance material cost.
3. Motion by Jay, with a second by Keith, to adopt Supplemental Resolution #2023-R-2 “Resolution for Maintenance Under the Illinois Highway Code”. All ayes, motion carried.
4. Teresa turned the rest of the meeting over to Jared Kanallakan from Moran Economic Development to give an overview of what all goes into determining a Tax Increment Financing area. He also answered question and stated that if there were anymore questions that anyone could contact him. He left several of his business card for the audience if they wanted them.
5. Teresa stated that she had an e-mail from Rick Catt, stating he had a previous engagement so he would not be able to attend this meeting.
6. Meeting was adjourned at 5:55 pm with a motion by Carrie H., and second by Dave. Five ayes, motion carried.
Ladora Boyd, Clerk